Sunday, July 24, 2011

How this is going to work.


This is a review blog.  I will select a story and review it with tons of spoilers.

First, I’ll give you a context of the selected story.  How it relates to me, or the place I was in my life, thinking, when I encountered the story—as all stories as subject to personal interpretation, and the context in which you encounter a story matters. 

Then I’ll give you my impressions of the story, what I liked, what I didn’t, some analysis, and (and this is the main point) how I think it could have been improved.  Now, this will be, of course, my own personal opinions, and I know that they won’t be perfect.  Sometimes I’ll miss the obvious, or you’ll have an idea that is better than my fix.  (Hey, just like the original stories, right?)  Please, I’d love for this to become a forum for discussion on how to improve these stories best.  Because bad stories upset me.  But not as much as stories that have such good potential that are ruined by some bad decisions on the creator’s part.  That really makes me mad.

I’d also like to note that I’ve said stories, not just movies, although that’s how I’m starting.  Because I am a bibliophile.  I love stories.  All kinds of stories.

Please feel free to join in in the conversation and add your own ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment